Join Bubar & Hall Consulting, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), the U.S. Department of Energy, and the Office of Indian Energy, along with MHA Nation Tribal leadership in developing a vision for the future of energy on Fort Berthold! During this two-day workshop, representatives from NREL will work with MHA Nation Tribal members and leaders to identify the Tribes’ energy goals and priorities, gain a better understanding of how to develop a clean energy policy portfolio to achieve those goals and priorities, learn about energy efficiency, analyze the current energy field, and develop a strategy for achieving those goals and priorities efficiently and effectively.
This is your chance to voice your vision for Fort Berthold’s future energy landscape and make this energy plan truly reflective of the community’s interests and concerns, and help to develop plans to use indigenous resources in efficient, resilient, and secure infrastructure. Join us at the MHA Energy Building, starting at 9 am, October 29 & 30.
- What is the planning process?
- Overview of current energy field.
- Foundational education on energy efficiency, renewables, etc.
- Determine the Tribes’ energy priorities and develop a Vision Statement of what the Tribes want. (carbon footprint, economic development, etc.)
- Review Vision Statement and start determining goals toward achieving that vision.
- Identify specific projects toward achieving those goals with timelines for implementation.
For more information on the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, visit nrel.gov. For information on policies designed to meet specific clean energy goals, visit nrel.gov/state-local-tribal/clean-energy-strategies.html.
Register today to attend this free event! Lunch and refreshments will be provided. We hope to see you there!